Your Wildcats took to the ice this afternoon in the first exhibition game of the season when they hosted the Acadie-Bathurst Titan at the Superior Propane Centre. Over 700 fans were on hand to get a glimpse at some of the potential new faces for this year’s team. With a full list of rookies in the lineup it was a learning curve for the guys on ice, trailing from the start, the Wildcats weren’t able to get the scoring rolling but did improve with each period.
The two Wildcat goals came courtesy of Mark Rumsey and Dominic Leblanc. The final tonight went in the books as a 9-2 victory for the Titan.
Along with the first game of the season tonight, it also brought along the first round of cuts for training camp.
The following are players who have been released, or who have left to maintain their NCAA eligibility:
- Nick Ahern – left to maintain eligibility
- Josh Tomasi – left to maintain eligibility
- Connor Keough – left to maintain eligibility
- Joe Chambers – left to maintain eligibility
- Marc Olivier Lemay – reassigned
- Jakob-Dylan Flamand – reassigned
- Evan Jackson – reassigned
Next up, your Wildcats will host the Cape Breton Eagles on Thursday night at the Superior Propane Centre, game time 7:00 p.m. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. and tickets will be available at the door starting at that time as well.